Maruti Suzuki Larger, 5-door Jimny is being readied for India launch. Maruti Suzuki is building a larger 5- door in addition to the standard 3-door Jimny. The new 5-door version will be manufactured in the Japanese car makers Gujarat Facility and will go in for sale in india.
Maruti Suzuki showcased the Jimny in the Auto Expo 2020 which was held in February this year. If you are planning to buy one of these, then it’s definitely worth to wait.
Also read: Kia Sonet to Launch in August 2020
Maruti Suzuki Larger, 5-door jimny key highlights:
- The Regular 3- door Jimny that was showcased in Auto Expo is not going to be launched in India.
- Instead of that Maruti Suzuki Larger 5-door jimny will be launched that is currently under development.
- The India bound Jimny will have larger cabin and the Maruti Suzuki Larger 5-door Jimny would be suitable family buyers with long wheelbase.
- The only difference between the 3-door and the 5-door jimny will be Size.
- The Maruti Suzuki, 5-door jimny will be replacement of the current Gypsy King in India, that has aged really well and needed an upgrade.
- There might be army and police vehicles that would be manufactured out of the 5 door Jimny.
- The 5-door Jimny will be built on a ladder-frame chassis with rigid axles, it will also get four-wheel drive with low-range transfer case.
- The India-spec jimny will be powered by 1.5-litre K15B petrol engine that churns out 105bhp similar to the one in the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Ertiga and now in Vitara Brezza.
- In the interiors it will get the Maruti suziki 7 inch infotainment system with apple car play and android auto.
Maruti Suzuki will commence the Manufactururing process of the 3-door Jimny in Hansalpur plant in Gujarat, in June 2020, but that would be for export Markets. There is no such date out yet for the production of the 5-door version of Jimny, but it will commence commence six months after the production of 3 door Jimny.
Maruti Suzuki Larger 5-door Jimny will be sold at its premium Nexa outlets with price tag under Rs 10 lakh.
The Jimny would go up against likes of off-roaders like the Force Gurkha and Mahindra Thar and could also be considered a retro compact SUV with a capability to Offroad and will target the Raw design liking Millenials and will be an alternative to Maruti’s Vitara Brezza.