Mercedes-AMG GT R and AMG C63 Coupe to launch on May 27. Soon after Mercedes-Benz as resumed the operations in India, they have decided to launch 2 power packed 1000+ hp Sports cars in the AMG lineup. So they have planned to launch two models i.e. Mercedes-AMG GT R and AMG C63 Coupe on May 27.
Both cars will be BS6 compliant. Mercedes-Benz has previously launched these cars in AMG lineup, but now these cars are well equipped with more features and looks are meaner and sportier than before.
Mercedes-AMG GT R and AMG C63 Coupe Launch Key Highlights Quick read:
- The Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe is the Top-spec AMG version of the original C-Class sedan in India.
- AMG C63 Coupe is the two-door version of the C-class and has sharper creases and lines that define the character of this car.
- While the current model of the C-Class range has both petrol and diesel variants, the Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe is powered by 4.0-litre, V8 twin-turbo engine that churns out 476hp of power and 650Nm of peak torque.
- The car comes with AMG styling kit, to make the model look more aggressive and enhances the aerodynamics of the car.
- The Engine of Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe is mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission.
- There are various drive modes on offer that alter the engine characteristic.
- Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe goes from 0-100kmph in less than 4s while the top speed is limited to 250kmph via a electronic speed limiter.
- The expected price of Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe in India is Rs 1.7 crore.
- The GT R on the other hand, has a class of its own and is a sportscar.
- The Mercedes-AMG GT R will go against the likes of the Porsche 911 Turbo.
- The engine on Both the AMGs is the same.
- Though the Engine is the same It is tuned to produce be 585hp and a whopping 700Nm torque.
- The Gearbox on the Mercedes-AMG GT R is a 7-speed DCT.
- The Green Beast goes from 0-100kmph under 3s while the top speed is more than 300kmph.
- Mercedes-AMG GT R in India will be priced at Rs 2.4 crore, ex-showroom.
Both the Mercedes-AMG GT R and AMG C63 Coupe will came equipped with the latest MBUX infotainment system with Mercedes Me technology.