New 2020 Honda City gets 5-star ASEAN NCAP Saftey rating. Honda city is not an Ordinary car it has aged really well and is the best-selling car from honda in India. It has maintained its legacy and set a benchmark in the sedan segment in India. The Thailand-spec Honda City was tested recently and it became the third consecutive generation of City model to receive a 5-star safety rating.
Here are key Highlights of New 2020 Honda City saftey
- The all-new Honda City gets a 5-star crash test rating by ASEAN NCAP.
- The third and fourth-generation of City also achieved 5-star rating by ASEAN NCAP back in 2012 and 2014, respectively.
- The new 2020 Honda City got and overall score of 86.54 out of 100 in the full frontal offset impact and side impact tests.
- Talking about Occupants safety the new 2020 Honda City scored 44.83 for adult occupant protection (AOP) and achieved a score of 22.82 for child occupant protection (COP).
- It also got 18.89 points for safety assist tech (SATs).
- If you are wondering what are the specs with which the new City was able to achive this benchmark then here are the specs, The Thai-spec Honda City comes with G-Force control body structure, ABS, EBD, 6- airbags, hill-start assist , vehicle stability assist (VSA), multi-angle reverse camera and an emergency stop signal.
- Now with a 5-star ASEAN NCAP’s saftey rating, the new Honda City is now set to perform well in Global NCAP’s crash test as well.
- The concern here is that although the Thailand version of new City is similar to the one that is to be launched in India, there will be many adjustments made in terms of cosmetic changes and mechanical changes cumulatively.
- The new 2020 Honda City for Indian market will be slightly longer in length and also adjustments will be made to increase high ground clearance according to Indian Road conditions.
- It will be powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual and CVT automatic gearbox options producing 119 bhp and also a BS6-compliant 1.5 litre diesel engine.
- The Indian version of the new 2020 city might also have an option of 1.5-litre petrol with mild-hybrid tech concidering all the hybrid technologies in rival cars like the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna, Toyota Yaris.
Sneak Peek of Feature List of the New 2020 Honda City
- Features Include full LED lighting
- A sunroof
- 16-inch alloy wheels.
The India Launch of the City was earlier set to roll out in April 2020 but the launch will be now later this year due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
It will go against the likes of the new updated Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Yaris,Skoda Rapid and Volkswagen Vento.