New 2020 Mahindra Thar Second-gen was spotted testing yet again. This time a little more undisguised with just a white plastic sheet, revealing most of its details ahead of its launch.
The New 2020 Mahindra Thar Launch and Price announcement is expected by August 2020.
Here are some new spy shots of the new-gen New 2020 Mahindra Thar SUV, its covered with white plastic that is usually applied to a newly built vehicle to protect it from scratches or wear and tear before the vehicle is dispatched to dealer from sales and dispatch yard.
We have seen a couple of spy shot of the New 2020 Mahindra Thar testing on road in past couple of months in camouflage.
New 2020 Mahindra Thar details revealed Quick Read:
- Mahindra has been testing multiple test mules with different cladding and they even have Hard Top.
- This next-gen model sticks to the design elements from the current model.
- However, there are significant new changes in terms of body, ground clearance and chassis. The new thar is now have well engineered chassis and body and increased ground clearance and space inside the cabin.
- The design of the new thar is somewhere identical to the famous Jeep Wrangler an Iconic Off-roading car.
- The new 2020 Mahindra Thar will now come with a BS6-compliant 2.2-litre diesel engine that will produce 140hp, the engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. Also, this time Thar will also come with an automatic gearbox but that might be launched Later.
- The thar will also have new 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with direct injection this time around.
- Thar gets blackened out 18-inch alloy wheels, as depicted in the picture. It also gets LED daytime running lights.
- On the inside as well, there is a list of new features. It now features an all-new dashboard design, with a touchscreen infotainment system with inbuilt Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Multiple 12V and USB ports, a multi-info display in the instrument cluster, a manual AC, and also it gets Electrically Retractable mirrors.
- On safety front next -gen Thar will come equipped with 2 airbags, ABS as standard and a rear parking camera along with a front-facing second row of seats. In mid and top models.
The new 2020 Mahindra Thar will go against the likes of all-new Force Gurkha and the Upcoming the Suzuki Jimny 5 Door that will hit the Indian shores sometime next year.